Approximately 150 seeds in 0.3g packet.
One of the earliest annual flowers to bloom in spring and blooms till the early autumn. Good for beds, borders, graves and garden pots.
Prefer cool weather, and often die back and need to be removed when hot weather arrives.
The horned blooms continuously from late spring to late summer in regions where the growing season is generally cool but will refrain from blooming as the weather heats up. Cultivated forms can be forced to bloom at other times of the year and are a favorite winter annual in the south.
Full sun and sharply drained, moderately fertile soil with a neutral pH is preferred. This ornamental is best planted in cool seasons or where summers never get too hot. It is ideal for container plantings, alpine or rock gardens, or along the edge of mixed borders.
Information source: www.Learn2Grow.com.
Genus - Viola
Species - x wittrockiana
Variety - Red
Common name - Pansy
Pre-Treatment - Not-required
Hardiness zones - 5 - 8
Height - 0,15 - 0,20 m
Spread - 0,20 m
Plant type - Annual or biennial flower
Exposure - Full Sun, Partial Sun
Growth rate - Fast
Soil PH - Neutral
Soil type - Average garden, Loamy, rich, humous
Water requirements - Average
Landscape uses - Beds, borders, graves, pots, rock gardens
Bloom season - April - October
Leaf / Flower color - Green / Dark red
Violas do better with stratification, a process of subjecting seeds to moist/cold treatment to break the seeds dormancy. Indoors, sow seeds into moistened soil or vermiculite and place in the refrigerator or freezer for about 5 days. After that:
1. Fill plastic germination cell pots with moist germination soil mix.
2. Make a small hole with the pencil and put one little tiny seed into each.
3. Cover them lightly with the soil that got pushed away by making the hole. (seeds will germinate with no light)
4. Mist them with a spray bottle and cover the tray with clear plastic.
5. Place in a sunny window in a room that never goes below ~+16C at night and stays about +22C during the day.
7. When they start to germinate remove the cover to allow or air circulation.
Your shopping cart is empty!