Mullein (Verbascum Species mix) 100 seeds (#1820)
A mixture of several mink species. These perennial and biennial charming plants are beloved of long-lasting blooming, a wide range of flower colors. The most beautiful present for every garden!
Its favorite locations are dry, stony hillsides and open woodland areas. It adapts well to informal cottage gardens, gravel beds and rock gardens. Do not plant in wet areas around ponds, streams or runoff areas.
During the summer while blooming, mullein enjoys the warmth of full sun exposure. This plant will tolerate light shade, but will not flower as much in limited sunlight.
It grow best when planted in the ground and not in containers. Provide well-drained soil that stays on the dry side, since mullein does not survive wet roots. Do not plant mullein in fertile soil. Too much fertility causes the mullein to grow too quickly to develop a strong stem. The weak stems flop over, cutting the flowering season short. This is a plant for poor soil conditions where other plants have trouble surviving.
This plant prefers a slightly alkaline to neutral soil pH.
Approximately 100 seeds in 0.1g packet.
Genus - Verbascum
Species - Species
Variety - mix
Common name - Mullein
Pre-Treatment - Not-required
Hardiness zones - 5 - 9
Height - up to 2 m
Spread - 0,50 m
Plant type - Perennial flower
Exposure - Full Sun
Growth rate - Fast
Soil PH - Acidic, Neutral, Alkaline
Soil type - Normal to sandy, well drained
Water requirements - Average, high
Landscape uses - Accent plant, Good Texture/Form, Attracts Butterflies and Hummingbirds, for borders, Cut Flower, mass plantings
Bloom season - May - September
Leaf / Flower color - Green / mix
1. Sow from January to March in trays of moist compost.
2. Sow thinly and cover with a fine layer of compost. Cover with glass, polythene or propagator lid.
3. Keep at +13C. Seedlings appear in 14-28 days.
4. Remove cover when seedlings appear. When large enough transplant to individual pots. Stand outside for a few days late in May (avoid frosts).
1. Sow from April to May in a prepared seed bed.
2. Keep trays in cold frame or cool greenhouse.
3. When large enough thin to 10 cm apart. Plant out 30 cm apart in final position in September to October.