Cosmos (Cosmos Bipinnatus Gazebo Red) 50 seeds (#941)
About the product
Daisy-like cosmos flowers are easy-to-grow and versatile annuals. They can be used to plug gaps in borders, grown as a feature in their own right or in the cuttings patch. Cosmos can also be used in container displays.
The flowers attract a variety of bees, butterflies and hover flies, and also make a good cut flower.
Cosmos 'Gazebo Red' is a medium-sized bushy, early flowering variety of cosmos, with large velvety red blooms.
For best results grow in full sun in well-drained soil, and deadhead spent blooms regularly to prolong flowering.
Genus - Cosmos
Species - Bipinnatus
Variety - Gazebo Red
Common name - Cosmos
Pre-Treatment - Not-required
Hardiness zones - 3 - 9
Height - 0.60 - 0.75 m
Spread - 0.30 m
Plant type - Half-hardy Annual
Exposure - Full Sun, Partial Sun, Partial Shade
Growth rate - Fast
Soil PH - Acid, neutral, alkaline
Soil type - Rich, well drained
Water requirements - Average
Landscape uses - Wildlife gardens, borders, containers, flowers for cutiing
Bloom season - June - September
Leaf / Flower color - Green / Purple red
1. Sow from February to April in trays of moist compost.
2. Sow thinly and cover with a fine layer of compost. Cover with glass, polythene or propagator lid.
3. Keep at +15-+20C. Seedlings appear in 14-21 days.
4. Remove cover when seedlings appear. Grow in small groups in separate pots.
1. Sow from April to May in a prepared seed bed.
2. Sow thinly in rows 40 cm apart. Cover lightly with fine soil.Keep moist.