Very decorative annual summer flower for borders and plantings in groups. Especially suitable for cutting until late summer.
Richly flowering and long lasting.
Grows well in rich, not light soil with sufficient moisture in sunny or partly sunny locations.
Good to sow till Jan 2010.
Genus - Rudbeckia
Species - Hirta
Variety - Meine Freude
Common name - Cone Flower
Pre-Treatment - Not-required
Hardiness zones - 5 - 10
Height - 0,80 m
Spread - 0,35 m
Plant type - Annual flowers
Exposure - Full Sun, Partial Sun
Growth rate - Fast
Soil PH - Neutral
Soil type - Loam, Sand
Water requirements - Average water
Landscape uses - This popular ornamental is at home in cutting gardens and mixed borders.
Bloom season - July - October
Leaf / Flower color - Green / Rich Yellow
1. Sow in from March to April.
2. Sow thinly and cover with a fine layer of compost. Cover with glass, polythene or propagator lid.
3. Keep at +15-20C. Seedlings appear in 14-21 days.
4. Remove cover when seedlings appear. When large enough transplant to individual pots.
1. Sow from April to May in a prepared seed bed.
2. Sow thinly in rows 35 cm apart. Cover lightly with fine soil. Keep moist.
Your shopping cart is empty!