Blackeyed Daisy (Rudbeckia Hirta Gloriosa Daisy) 500 seeds (#2056)
Easy to grow, long flowering border plant. Great for cutting.
Brilliant daisy-like blooms with wonderful complementary colours. Excellent for cut flowers and the perfect to lift mixed borders. Usually grown as an annual.
Blooming from July to October. The flowers are superb for cutting and attract many pollinators, such as bees and butterflies.
Grow Rudbeckia hirta in full sun and well-drained soil with average fertility. It is prone to root rot and powdery mildew, so space it well to encourage good air flow and allow its soil to dry between watering. Taller selections may require staking.
Genus - Rudbeckia
Species - Hirta
Variety - Gloriosa Daisy
Common name - Blackeyed Daisy
Pre-Treatment - Not-required
Hardiness zones - 3 - 9
Height - ,90 m
Spread - 0,30 m
Plant type - Annual
Exposure - Full Sun, Partial Sun
Growth rate - Fast
Soil PH - Neutral
Soil type - Loam, Sand, Well Drained
Water requirements - Drought tolerant, average water
Landscape uses - This popular ornamental is at home in cutting gardens and mixed borders.
Bloom season - July - October
Leaf / Flower color - Green / Rich Golden to dark red with dark centers
1. Sow from February to April.
2. Sow thinly and cover with a fine layer of compost. Cover with glass, polythene or propagator lid.
3. Keep at +15-+20C. Seedlings appear in 14-21 days.
4. Remove cover when seedlings appear. When large enough transplant to individual pots.
1. Sow from April to May in a prepared seed bed.
2. Sow thinly in rows 30 cm apart. Cover lightly with fine soil. Keep moist.
- Stock: SOLD OUT
- Model ID: #2056