Phlox (Phlox Drummondii Cuspidata Nana) 180 seeds (#2193)
About the product
Long flowering, intricate jewels of colour to sparkle and shine from mixed beds or borders. A truly enchanting pink and red shaded flowers with fringed and pointed star-like petals.
Grows up to 25 cm in height.
Best grown in loose, acidic, humusy, medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun to part shade. Part afternoon shade is appreciated in hot summer climates. Prefers even moisture. Tolerates some soil dryness.
Deadhead spent flowers promptly to the extent practicable to extend bloom.
Propagate by seed. Plants will easily reseed in the garden in optimum conditions.
Info source: http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org
Approximately 180 seeds in 0.5g packet.
Genus - Phlox
Species - Drummondii
Variety - Cuspidata Nana
Common name - Phlox
Pre-Treatment - Not-required
Hardiness zones - 2 - 11
Height - 0,20 - 0,25 m
Spread - 0,20 - 0,30 m
Plant type - Half Hardy Annual
Exposure - Full Sun to Partial Shade
Growth rate - Medium
Soil PH - Acidic - neutral
Soil type - loose, acidic, humusy, medium moisture, well-drained
Water requirements - Average
Landscape uses - Spring annuals that are excellent massed in beds and borders as a ground cover. Also effective as edging along walks and paths. Rock gardens. Containers.
Bloom season - May - September
Leaf / Flower color - Green / pink, red
1. Sow from March to May in trays of moist compost.
2. Sow thinly and cover with a fine layer of compost. Cover with glass, polythene or propagator lid.
3. Keep at +15-+20C. Seedlings appear in 14-28 days.
4. Remove cover when seedlings appear. When large enough transplant to individual pots. Grow on at approx. +10-+13C.
1. Sow from April to May in a prepared seed bed.
2. Sow thinly in rows 15 cm apart. Cover lightly with fine soil.Keep moist.