- Tree seeds
- For Germination & Propagation
- Shrub seeds
- Flower seeds
- Herbal plant seeds
- Climber & Vine seeds
- Ornamental Grass seeds
- Houseplant seeds
- Seeds by growing rate
- Seeds by plant hardiness
- Seeds by Type
- Seeds of plants for special use
- Seeds by sowing time
About the product
Seeds collected in Oct 2019 in China.
The most frost-resistant of all varieties. Also superfast growing with even more narrow crown. Also can be used as an ornamental tree in every property.
Paulownia Pao Tong Z07, aslo called Super Hybrid, is a cross of 3 species of p. Tomentosa, p. Fortunei and p. Kawakamii. Variety beccomes one of the most popular by all other varieties in industrial production because these qualities:
- rapid growth. Following the studies made was found that trunk diameter reaches 40 cm in 7 years, much faster than other varieties. Rapid growth will reduce harvest time and increase wood production;
- high quality wood, straight, tall and dense trunk;
- cold resistance. The most important factor which made Z07 popular in colder climates where growing of other Paulownia varieties was not possible. It is resistant to extreme hot (up to +40c) and frost (up to -33c);
- resistance to diseases, microbes and parasites;
- easy adaptation to different growing conditions;
- drought resistance after tree is established.
Due to the small crown of the tree, it is possible to plant from 640 to 850 trees per hectare.
Similar to other Paulownias flowers in spring from year 3-4. Bees loves it!
It’s unpretentious to soil, can be cultivated anywhere, even on dry soils containing up to 2% of lime; but deep, moderately moist, drained, sufficiently fertile, clay soils are the best for growing. It’s also a heliophyte, best grown on open well-illuminated areas.
Genus - Paulownia
Species - Hybrid
Common name - Pao Tong Z07
Pre-Treatment - Not-required
Hardiness zones - 5 - 10
Height - 12 - 20 m
Spread - 3 m
Plant type - Tree
Exposure - Full Sun
Growth rate - Fast
Soil PH - Acidic, Neutral, Alkaline (pH 4.5 - 7.5)
Soil type - Clay, laom, Sand, well drained
Water requirements - Average
Landscape uses - Industrial, ornamental
Sow on the surface of clean moist potting soil. Light is required for germination, do not cover with soil. It is recommended to use artificial LED lightning for at least 18 hours per day until germination and a bit longer till the seedlings grow strong enough to replant.
For better germination cover with glass or clear plastic. Spray with water twice a day.
Don`t let the substrate to dry out, don`t keep it too wet.
Very important: temperature must be between +23C to +27C.
Normally germinates in 3-10 days.