Poppy (Papaver Rhoeas Pandora) 500 seeds (#2089)
- Tree seeds
- Shrub seeds
- Flower seeds
- Herb seeds
- Climber & Vine seeds
- Ornamental Grass seeds
- Houseplant seeds
- Seeds by growing rate
- Seeds by plant hardiness
- Seeds by sowing time
- Seeds by Type
- Seeds of plants for special use
- For Germination & Propagation
- Almost FREE
About the product
Simply sow where they are to grow, for delightful drifts of colour shimmering in the breeze.
Repeat sow for summer-long displays in beds and borders.
Grow poppy in full sun and fertile soil with average moisture and good drainage.
Genus - Papaver
Species - Rhoeas
Variety - Pandora
Common name - Poppy
Pre-Treatment - Not-required
Hardiness zones - 2 - 10
Height - 0,60 m
Spread - 0,20 - 0,40 m
Plant type - Annual Flower
Exposure - Full Sun, Partial Sun
Growth rate - Fast
Soil PH - Neutral
Soil type - Loam, sand, well drained
Water requirements - Drought Tolerant, Average Water
Landscape uses - Cutflower, Mixed Border, Wildflower
Bloom season - June - October
Leaf / Flower color - Light Green, Gray Green / Red
Sow these small poppy seeds from March to May (after danger of last frost) for summer blooms directly in to the ground.
1. Select an area to plant the poppies that has full sun to partial shade.
2. Loosen the soil by digging the area with a garden fork. Poppies grow best in neutral soil. Heavy clay soil does not work well.
3. Sprinkle poppy seeds over the loose soil. The seeds are small, so they will find their way down into the crevices of the soil. Do not cover the seeds.
Best temperature for germination - +15-+20C.
germination time - 14-28 days.