Basil (Ocimum Basilicum Aroma) 250 seeds (#1656)
- Tree seeds
- Shrub seeds
- Flower seeds
- Herb seeds
- Climber & Vine seeds
- Ornamental Grass seeds
- Houseplant seeds
- Seeds by growing rate
- Seeds by plant hardiness
- Seeds by sowing time
- Seeds by Type
- Seeds of plants for special use
- For Germination & Propagation
- Almost FREE
About the product
BASIL AROMA 2 F1 - Delightfully aromatic, glossy leaves with a traditional sweet flavour.
Plants are slow to bolt and resist Fusarium. Very helpful when growing indoors (all year long).
For use in culinary, pick the leaves from June to November. When cooking with basil, add the leaves at the last minute to remain flavour.
Genus - Ocimum
Species - Basilicum
Variety - Aroma
Common name - Basil
Pre-Treatment - Not-required
Hardiness zones - 3 - 11
Height - 0,30 m
Plant type - Annual Herb
Exposure - Full Sun
Growth rate - Fast
Soil PH - Acid, neutral, alkaline (pH 5-8)
Soil type - Rich, well drained
Water requirements - Average, high
Landscape uses - Culinary and inside pots. all year long growing
Leaf / Flower color - Green / --
1. Sow from all year long in trays of moist compost. In winter, ensure more daylight.
2. Sow thinly and cover with a fine layer of compost. Cover with glass, polythene or propagator lid.
3. Keep at +15-20C. Seedlings appear in 7-14 days.
4. Remove cover when seedlings appear. Grow in small groups in separate pots.
5. If planning to transplant outside, stand outside for a few days late in May (avoid frosts). Transplant 15 cm apart in final position in June or continue to grow inside.
5. Harvest indoor crops all year long, outdoor crops from June to October the following year.
1. Sow from May to June in a prepared seed bed.
2. Sow thinly in rows 15 cm apart. Cover lightly with fine soil.Keep moist.
3. Pick leaves as required from June to November the following year.