- Tree seeds
- For Germination & Propagation
- Shrub seeds
- Flower seeds
- Herbal plant seeds
- Climber & Vine seeds
- Ornamental Grass seeds
- Houseplant seeds
- Seeds by growing rate
- Seeds by plant hardiness
- Seeds by Type
- Seeds of plants for special use
- Seeds by sowing time
About the product
A member of the witchhazel family, this medium-sized, broadleaf evergreen shrub is native to Japan and China. Fragrant, spider-like, white flowers appear in late winter and early spring and sporadically at other seasons. The arching, spherical habit and rich green rounded leaves are attractive year-round.
Chinese fringe flower grows best in light shade and acid, humus-rich soil. It will handle full sun exposures in fertile and moist soils. In the colder part of its range it will be deciduous, and give it some winter wind protection. It works well in mixed borders, foundation plantings, and large containers. (info source: Learn2Grow.com)
Genus - Loropetalum
Species - Chinense
Common name - Chinese Fringeflower
Pre-Treatment - Required
Hardiness zones - 7 - 9
Height - 6'-10' / 1.80 - 3 m
Spread - 6'-10' / 1.80 - 3 m
Plant type - Shrub
Vegetation type - Deciduous
Exposure - Full Sun, Partial Sun, Partial Shade
Growth rate - Fast
Soil PH - Acidic, Neutral
Soil type - Loam
Water requirements - Average Water
Landscape uses - Container, Feature Plant, Foundation, Hedges, Mixed Border, Screening / Wind Break
Bloom season - Early Spring
Leaf / Flower color - Green / White
1. Soak the seeds in warm water for 24 hours. To keep the water warm all this time, you can use a thermo cup.
2. Mix the seeds with moist sterile soil/send or vermiculite, keep at room temperature for 2 weeks in airtight bag or container. Keep in sheltered position. No direct light is required.
3. After that place the seeds with the soil into the fridge at +2-+4 C and keep there for 2 months. Seed germinates during this stage. Then sow normally in pots.
Once the seedlings sprouted, they grows very quickly.