Sweet Alyssum (Lobularia Maritima white) 400 seeds (#1225)
About the product
A popular annual plant, especially recommended for rock gardens. Small, white flowers, very densely placed on the shoots.
Used for rockeries, borders and discounts.
Sweet alyssum is drought tolerant and adapted to seaside conditions, so it does well in sandy or gravelly soils and full sun. It often self-sows, but gently. Popular as a bedding and container plant, it may also be used in rock gardens or along walkways where its strong, sweet fragrance may be easily enjoyed. It grows and flowers well in cool sunny indoor locations. Cut back spent flower stems to encourage additional flushes of bloom. Plants are propagated by seed and bloom about 8 weeks after sowing.
Approximately 400 seeds in 0.5g packet.
Genus - Lobularia
Species - Maritima
Variety - white
Common name - Sweet Alyssum
Pre-Treatment - Not-required
Hardiness zones - 4 - 10
Height - 0,10 - 0,20 m
Spread - 0,20 m
Plant type - Annual FLower
Exposure - Full sun to partial shade
Growth rate - Fast
Soil PH - Acid, neutral, alkaline
Soil type - Loam, Sand
Water requirements - Drought Tolerant, Average Water
Landscape uses - Bedding Plant, Container, Edging, Hanging Basket, Mixed Border, Rock Garden / Wall
Bloom season - June - September
Leaf / Flower color - Green / White
1. Turn small containers, such as clean, empty yogurt cups or sour cream containers, upside down. Poke three to five holes in the bottom of each for water drainage.
2. Fill the small containers with potting soil to within 5-10 mm from the top.
3. Spray water onto the top of the soil. Spray enough to moisten the soil, but not enough to make it muddy. Stir the soil, with the nail or a pencil, to distribute the moisture.
4. Scatter three to four seeds on top of the soil in each container. The seeds don't need much soil covering them. Just sprinkle enough potting soil over the seeds to cover them.
5. Place the containers on a tray. Lightly cover all of the containers with a sheet of plastic wrap. This keeps moisture and warmth in the soil, which allows the sweet alyssum seeds to germinate.
6. Place the tray in a sunny window.
7. Remove the plastic wrap and spray water onto the soil each day. Again, make sure to spray just enough to moisten the soil. Replace the plastic wrap.