Lobelia (Lobelia Erinus White Lady compact) 2500 seeds (#1486)
A wonderful crisp white foil for other plants or to highlight and lift the colour of plantingschemes in beds, borders and all types of containers.
Long flowering classic for bedding, edging and containers.
Genus - Lobelia
Species - Erinus
Variety - White Lady compact
Common name - Lobelia
Pre-Treatment - Not-required
Hardiness zones - 3 - 11
Height - 0,15 m
Spread - 0,30 m
Plant type - Annual Flower
Exposure - Full sun to partial shade
Growth rate - Fast
Soil PH - Acid, neutral, alkaline
Soil type - Organically rich, evenly moist, well-drained
Water requirements - Average, high
Landscape uses - for bedding, edging and containers
Bloom season - June to October
Leaf / Flower color - Green / White
Sow from Junuary to April inside or after the last frost - outside (till middle of June).
1. Fill a clean nursery flat with soilless potting mix. Put the flat in a nursery tray that can hold water.
2. Sow trailing lobelia seeds on top of the potting mix. Do not cover them with soil since they need light to germinate. Press them gently in place with the bottom of another clean nursery flat.
3. Water the planted seeds by putting water into the nursery tray and letting it soak up into the flat filled with soil. Empty the extra water out of the tray after the soil has become thoroughly wet to prevent soil from staying too wet, which encourages damp-off.
4. Put the flat on its tray under grow lights where temperature is between +15-22C. Use a heating mat if necessary.
5. Monitor the flat frequently for germination and for water needs. Water from the bottom as needed to keep the potting mix evenly moist but not soggy. Watch closely for damping off once seedlings emerge, because lobelia seedlings are prone to this fungus infection. Use a fungicide if necessary.