Creeping Babys Breath mix (Gypsophila Repens) 250 seeds (#1689)
- Tree seeds
- Shrub seeds
- Flower seeds
- Herb seeds
- Climber & Vine seeds
- Ornamental Grass seeds
- Houseplant seeds
- Seeds by growing rate
- Seeds by plant hardiness
- Seeds by sowing time
- Seeds by Type
- Seeds of plants for special use
- For Germination & Propagation
- Almost FREE
About the product
A low spreading perennial whose carpets of blue-green, grass-like foliage look wonderful cascading over walls, this European native bears masses of small white to lavender blooms from late spring into summer.
Creeping baby’s breath likes sun and well-drained, alkaline soil, and tolerates heat. This little beauty is perfect for rock gardens and walls, border edges, and small-scale groundcovers.
Information source: http://learn2grow.com/plants/gypsophila-repens/
Approximately 250 seeds in 0,3g packet.
Genus - Gypsophila
Species - Repens
Common name - Creeping Babys Breath, mix
Pre-Treatment - Not-required
Hardiness zones - 4 - 7
Height - 0,15 - 0,20 m
Spread - 0,30 m
Plant type - Perennial flower
Exposure - Full Sun, Partial Sun
Growth rate - Fast
Soil PH - Neutral, Alkaline
Soil type - Loam, Sand, Well Drained
Water requirements - Average Water
Landscape uses - Container, Edging, Foundation, Groundcover, Mixed Border, Rock Garden / Wall
Bloom season - May - October
Leaf / Flower color - Green / White, pink
Sow from April to May inside or outside.
1. Select the site for baby’s breath. They need full sun and soil with good drainage that is not acidic. Dig up the soil; remove rocks and other garden debris. Several weeks before planting baby's breath, test the soil and add the proper amount of lime to amend acidic soil.
2. Plant the baby’s breath seeds in early spring. Plant the seeds 5mm deep and spaced 2,5cm apart. Water gently to settle the soil, being careful not to disturb the seeds. Keep the soil moist, but not soggy. Baby’s breath will germinate within 10 to 20 days.
3. Water baby’s breath regularly during the growing season. Adult plants can tolerate some dryness, but do not allow the young plants to dry out. Apply a light dressing of complete plant food in the spring. Baby’s breath generally does not have problems.
4. Watch for the baby’s breath to bloom beginning in spring and continuing to late summer. Each plant blooms for about 4 weeks; deadhead to encourage a re-bloom. To assure a continuous bloom, reseed every 2 to 4 weeks.
5. Stake some of the taller varieties of baby's breath. Cut the plants back to the ground in the fall. Insert a plant marker to indicate the location of the baby’s breath.