Babys Breath (Gypsophila Elegans mix) 400 seeds (#2151)
- Tree seeds
- Shrub seeds
- Flower seeds
- Herb seeds
- Climber & Vine seeds
- Ornamental Grass seeds
- Houseplant seeds
- Seeds by growing rate
- Seeds by plant hardiness
- Seeds by sowing time
- Seeds by Type
- Seeds of plants for special use
- For Germination & Propagation
- Almost FREE
About the product
Bearing starry white, red or pink flowers that are larger than those of florist's baby's breath, this classic cottage garden annual hails from eastern Europe and western Asia. Almost cloudlike, the blooms stand tall and upright from late spring into summer and make a great cutting or dried flower. The lance-shaped leaves are gray-green. Many cultivars are available, including pink- and large-flowered selections.
This sun- and lime-loving annual prefers mild conditions and rapidly perishes in hot weather. It often self-sows. Use it in mixed borders, meadow plantings, and containers.
Information source: www.Learn2Grow.com.
Approximately 400 seeds in 1g pack
Genus - Gypsophila
Species - Elegans
Variety - mix
Common name - Babys Breath
Pre-Treatment - Not-required
Hardiness zones - 4 - 9
Height - 0,40 - 0,50 m
Spread - 0,25 m
Plant type - Annual Flower
Exposure - Full Sun, Partial Sun
Growth rate - Fast
Soil PH - Neutral, Alkaline
Soil type - Loam, Sand, Well Drained
Water requirements - Average Water
Landscape uses - Dried Flower / Everlasting, Bedding Plant, Container, Cutflower, Mixed Border, Wildflower
Bloom season - June - September
Leaf / Flower color - Green / White, rose, red
1. Select the site for baby’s breath. They need full sun and soil with good drainage that is not acidic. Dig up the soil; remove rocks and other garden debris. Several weeks before planting baby's breath, test the soil and add the proper amount of lime to amend acidic soil.
2. Plant the baby’s breath seeds in early spring. Plant the seeds 5mm deep and spaced 2,5cm apart. Water gently to settle the soil, being careful not to disturb the seeds. Keep the soil moist, but not soggy. Baby’s breath will germinate within 10 to 20 days.
3. Water baby’s breath regularly during the growing season. Adult plants can tolerate some dryness, but do not allow the young plants to dry out. Apply a light dressing of complete plant food in the spring. Baby’s breath generally does not have problems.
4. Watch for the baby’s breath to bloom beginning in spring and continuing to late summer. Each plant blooms for about 4 weeks; deadhead to encourage a re-bloom. To assure a continuous bloom, reseed every 2 to 4 weeks.
5. Stake some of the taller varieties of baby's breath. Cut the plants back to the ground in the fall. Insert a plant marker to indicate the location of the baby’s breath.