Cosmos (Cosmos Bipinnatus Dutch Rose) 50 seeds (#2179)
Spectacular, showy double blooms over bushy, light and airy, attractive foliage.
Large plants for long flowering in mixed summer borders.
Very interesting and award winning plant for beds, borders and for cutting.
Genus - Cosmos
Species - Bipinnatus
Variety - Dutch Rose
Common name - Cosmos
Pre-Treatment - Not-required
Hardiness zones - 3 - 10
Height - 0,90 - 1,20 m
Spread - 0,30 - 0,45 m
Plant type - Annual flower
Exposure - Full Sun
Growth rate - Fast
Soil PH - Neutral, alkaline
Soil type - Sandy Soil, Loamy Soil, Drought/Dry Soil
Water requirements - Dry, Average, Well Draining
Landscape uses - Beds and Borders, Cut Flower, Cottage Gardens
Bloom season - June - October
Leaf / Flower color - Green / Pink
1. Sow from February to April in trays of moist seed compost.
2. Sow thinly and cover with a fine layer of compost. Cover with glass, polythene or propagator lid.
3. Keep at +15-+20C. Seedlings appear in 14-21 days.
4. Remove cover when seedlings appear. Grow in small groups in separate pots.
1. Sow from April to May in a prepared seed bed.
2. Sow thinly in rows 30 cm apart. Cover lightly with fine soil.Keep moist.