Cosmos (Cosmos Bipinnatus Antiquity) 20 seeds (#2176)
Early flowering and unique color, dwarf, bushy, half-hardy annual boasting single, rich crimson to burgundy flowers, maturing to salmon-pink with age. Blooming for months from early summer to fall, the ravishing blossoms are borne atop sturdy stems and float above the fine, feathery foliage.
Fairly pest-free and low maintenance, add this charming plant to the landscape and you will be rewarded with abundant butterflies.
Creating a graceful visual impact in the garden, this dwarf Cosmos selection is perfect for sunny borders or containers.
Genus - Cosmos
Species - Bipinnatus
Variety - Antiquity
Common name - Cosmos
Pre-Treatment - Not-required
Hardiness zones - 3 - 9
Height - 0,75 m
Spread - 0,30 m
Plant type - Half-hardy Annual
Exposure - Full Sun, Partial Sun, Partial Shade
Growth rate - Fast
Soil PH - Acid, neutral, alkaline
Soil type - Rich, well drained
Water requirements - Average
Landscape uses - Wildlife gardens, borders, containers, flowers for cutiing
Bloom season - June - October
Leaf / Flower color - Green / Burgundy to Salmon-pink
1. Sow from February to April in trays of moist compost.
2. Sow thinly and cover with a fine layer of compost. Cover with glass, polythene or propagator lid.
3. Keep at +15-+20C. Seedlings appear in 14-21 days.
4. Remove cover when seedlings appear. Grow in small groups in separate pots.
1. Sow from April to May in a prepared seed bed.
2. Sow thinly in rows 40 cm apart. Cover lightly with fine soil.Keep moist.