One of the most beautiful trees.
Deciduous shrub or small tree native to eastern Asia in Korea and much of China from Liaoning to Yunnan.
It has opposite, simple leaves, 5–12 cm long. The flowers are produced in inflorescences 6–8 cm diameter, each flower individually small and whitish. The flowering is in spring, after it leafs out. The fruit is a round, reddish-purple berry 2.5-3.5 cm diameter.
It is closely related to the European Common dogwood (C. sanguinea).
They are disease resistant and do not require a lot of water.
Not maintenance with this tree. An easily grown plant, it succeeds in any soil of good or moderate fertility, ranging from acid to shallow chalk. Grows well in heavy clay soils. Succeeds in full sun or light shade.
Plants in this genus are notably resistant to honey fungus.
Genus - Cornus
Species - Coreana
Common name - Korean Dogwood
Pre-Treatment - Required
Hardiness zones - 5 - 9
Height - 65' / 20 m
Spread - 20-40' / 6 - 12 m
Plant type - Tree, Shrub
Vegetation type - Deciduous
Exposure - Full Sun, Partial Sun, Partial Shade
Growth rate - Medium
Soil PH - Acidic, Neutral, Alkaline
Soil type - Clay, Loam, Sand, Well Drained
Water requirements - Average
Landscape uses - Very decorative, maintenance free tree or shrub.
Bloom season - Spring
Leaf / Flower color - Green / White
1. Soak the seeds in warm water for 24 hours.
2. Fill a nursery flat or other germination container, to within 12 mm (1/2") of the rim, with a sterile germinating mix. Moisten the mix thoroughly.
3. Sow the seeds ~2 mm deep in the mix. Moisten the seeds and place the flat in a cold frame or in the refrigerator at +2-+4C for 90 days. Keep the seeds moist during this period.
4. Remove the flat from the refrigerator and place it in an area with indirect sunlight and where the temperature remains between +15-+20C (60-68F).
5. Keep in good ventilated room or place. Good air circulation is required.
5. Spray the seeds periodically with room-temperature water from a misting bottle to ensure they remain moist. Seeds typically germinate within 20 days to three months.
Your shopping cart is empty!