Basil (Ocimum Basilicum Italiano Classico) 250 seeds (#949)
An annual plant, fresh leaves are used in the kitchen as an addition to cottage cheese, salads, sauces, roasted meats and fish.
The seeds come from organic farming. They were produced by natural methods without the use of chemicals or artificial fertilizers, in accordance with EU standards. Natural product - does not contain GMO seeds. The packaging raw material comes from a sustainably managed forest that has been certified under the PEFC approved forest certification system.
Approximately 250 seeds in 0,5g packet.
Genus - Ocimum
Species - Basilicum
Variety - Italiano Classico
Common name - Basil
Pre-Treatment - Not-required
Hardiness zones - 3 - 11
Height - 0.45 m
Plant type - Annual Herb
Exposure - Full Sun
Growth rate - Fast
Soil PH - Acid, neutral, alkaline (pH 5-8)
Soil type - Rich, well drained
Water requirements - Average, high
Landscape uses - Herb gardens
Leaf / Flower color - Green / --
1. Sow from all year long in trays of moist compost. In winter, ensure more daylight.
2. Sow thinly and cover with a fine layer of compost. Cover with glass, polythene or propagator lid.
3. Keep at +15-+20C. Seedlings appear in 7-14 days.
4. Remove cover when seedlings appear. Grow in small groups in separate pots.
5. If planning to transplant outside, stand outside for a few days late in May (avoid frosts). Transplant 15 cm apart in final position in June or continue to grow inside.
5. Harvest indoor crops all year long, outdoor crops from June to October the following year.
1. Sow from May to June in a prepared seed bed.
2. Sow thinly in rows 15 cm apart. Cover lightly with fine soil.Keep moist.
3. Pick leaves as required from June to November the following year.