Snapdragon (Antirrhinum Majus Tom Thumb Mix) 1500 seeds (#1434)
- Tree seeds
- Shrub seeds
- Flower seeds
- Herb seeds
- Climber & Vine seeds
- Ornamental Grass seeds
- Houseplant seeds
- Seeds by growing rate
- Seeds by plant hardiness
- Seeds by sowing time
- Seeds by Type
- Seeds of plants for special use
- For Germination & Propagation
- Almost FREE
About the product
Commonly grown as an annual, a dwarf, compact mix with true snapdragon flowers in a wide range of bright colours.
A favourite for summer bedding and containers.
Easy to grow and sun-loving, snapdragons grow best in sharply-drained fertile garden soil. They flower best if spent flower spikes are removed and plants are fed regularly.
When weather is very hot they may cease from blooming for a spell.
Enjoy these fine bedding plants in containers and mixed beds and borders. Tall snapdragons make excellent, long-lasting cut flowers.
Genus - Antirrhinum
Species - Majus
Variety - Tom Thumb Mix
Common name - Snapdragon
Pre-Treatment - Not-required
Hardiness zones - 3 - 9
Height - 0,25 m
Plant type - Annual flower
Exposure - Full Sun, Partial Sun, Partial Shade
Growth rate - Fast
Soil PH - Acid, neutral (pH 6,0 - 7,3)
Soil type - Rich, moist
Water requirements - Average
Landscape uses - Bedding Plant, Container, Cutflower, Edging, Mixed Border
Bloom season - June - October
Leaf / Flower color - Green / mix
Sow from January to April:
1. Place seeds in a plastic bag and let them sit the freezer for one or two days before sowing.
2. Purchase a rich soil fortified with vermiculite. Fill flower pot with soil.
3. Sow seeds just under the surface of the soil. The seeds should be covered with a very small amount of soil, about the same amount as their own thickness.
4. Water seeds from below for best results. Set the pot in a saucer of water for about 20 minutes. Pour out excess water. If the water is absorbed after 20 minutes add more.
5. Place the pot in a warm place and wait about one to two weeks for the seeds to germinate.