Snapdragon (Antirrhinum Majus Mix) 3000 seeds (#1152)
About the product
Commonly grown as an annual, snapdragon is actually a short-lived perennial that originates from southwestern Europe and the Mediterranean. In northern climates it is commonly grown as warm season bedding plant, and in southern areas, with excessively hot, humid summers and mild winters, it is an excellent winter annual
This old-fashioned, clump-forming bedding plant has medium green, lance-shaped leaves. From summer to fall it bears upright spikes of distinctly lipped flowers that snap open and shut when squeezed, hence the name “snapdragon” flowers. Blooms come in shades of white, red, pink, yellow, purple and orange.
Easy to grow and sun-loving, snapdragons grow best in sharply-drained fertile garden soil. They flower best if spent flower spikes are removed and plants are fed regularly. When weather is very hot they may cease from blooming for a spell. Enjoy these fine bedding plants in containers and mixed beds and borders. Tall snapdragons make excellent, long-lasting cut flowers.
Approximately 3000 seeds in 1g packet.
Genus - Antirrhinum
Species - Majus
Variety - Mix
Common name - Snapdragon
Pre-Treatment - Not-required
Hardiness zones - 3 - 9
Height - 0,25 - 0.30 m
Plant type - Annual or Perennial Flower
Exposure - Full Sun
Growth rate - Fast
Soil PH - Acid, neutral (pH 6,0 - 7,3)
Soil type - Rich, moist
Water requirements - Average
Landscape uses - Bedding Plant, Container, Cutflower, Edging, Mixed Border
Bloom season - June - October
Leaf / Flower color - Green / mix
1. Place seeds in a plastic bag and let them sit the freezer for one or two days before sowing.
2. Purchase a rich soil fortified with vermiculite. Fill flower pot with soil.
3. Sow seeds just under the surface of the soil. The seeds should be covered with a very small amount of soil, about the same amount as their own thickness.
4. Water seeds from below for best results. Set the pot in a saucer of water for about 20 minutes. Pour out excess water. If the water is absorbed after 20 minutes add more.
5. Place the pot in a warm place and wait about one to two weeks for the seeds to germinate.