No cottage garden should be without tall snapdragons. The beautiful red color in this blend will add charm to your garden, and your cut flower arrangement.
It is an herbaceous perennial or annual plant, growing to 0.5–1 m tall, rarely up to 2 m. The leaves are spirally arranged, broadly lanceolate, 1–7 cm long and 2-2.5 cm broad.
The red flowers are produced on a tall spike, each flower is 3.5-4.5 cm long.
Attracts butterflies, Suitable for cut flowers, Suitable for dried flowers, Fragrant flowers.
The plants are pollinated by bumblebees, and the flowers close over the insects when they enter and deposit pollen on their bodies.
Prefers a light well drained loam and a sunny position. Plants are tolerant of clay and lime soils, and also grow well on old walls.
Plants are often grown as an annual since they usually degenerate in their second year. They often self sow when well-sited.
Information source: wikipedia.org.
Genus - Antirrhinum
Species - Majus Max
Variety - Liebesglut
Common name - Snapdragon Red
Pre-Treatment - Not-required
Hardiness zones - 3 - 9
Height - 0,80 m
Spread - 0,25 m
Plant type - Annual or Perennial Flower
Exposure - Full Sun
Growth rate - Fast
Soil PH - Acid, neutral (pH 6,0 - 7,3)
Soil type - Rich, moist
Water requirements - Average
Landscape uses - Border, Container, Foundation, Massing, Specimen, Woodland garden
Bloom season - June - August
Leaf / Flower color - Green / Red
1. Place seeds in a plastic bag and let them sit the freezer for one or two days before sowing.
2. Purchase a rich soil fortified with vermiculite. Fill flower pot with soil.
3. Sow seeds just under the surface of the soil. The seeds should be covered with a very small amount of soil, about the same amount as their own thickness.
4. Water seeds from below for best results. Set the pot in a saucer of water for about 20 minutes. Pour out excess water. If the water is absorbed after 20 minutes add more.
5. Place the pot in a warm place and wait about one to two weeks for the seeds to germinate.
Your shopping cart is empty!