Trailing Snapdragon (Antirrhinum Majus Lampion) 8 seeds (#1857)
This multiblooming, trailing snapdragon is a strain bred of wild and classic varieties.
Especially suitable for hanging baskets, tubs and balcony containers.
Cut after first flowering for a second flowering in autumn.
Grows well in a rich, chalky soil in a sunny location.
Genus - Antirrhinum
Species - Majus
Variety - Lampion
Common name - Trailing Snapdragon
Pre-Treatment - Not-required
Hardiness zones - 3 - 9
Height - 0,40 m
Plant type - Annual Flower
Exposure - Full Sun, Partial Sun, Partial Shade
Growth rate - Fast
Soil PH - Alkaline, neutral (pH 6,0 - 7,3)
Soil type - Rich, moist
Water requirements - Average
Landscape uses - Hanging baskets, tubs and balcony containers
Bloom season - June - October
Leaf / Flower color - Green / mix
Sow from February to April inside in pots.
1. Place seeds in a plastic bag and let them sit the freezer for one or two days before sowing.
2. Purchase a rich soil fortified with vermiculite. Fill flower pot with soil.
3. Sow seeds just under the surface of the soil. The seeds should be covered with a very small amount of soil, about the same amount as their own thickness.
4. Water seeds from below for best results. Set the pot in a saucer of water for about 20 minutes. Pour out excess water. If the water is absorbed after 20 minutes add more.
5. Place the pot in a warm place and wait about one to two weeks for the seeds to germinate.
- Stock: 3
- Model ID: #1857