Giant Hyssop (Agastache Foeniculum Blue&White Mix) 200 seeds (#885)
Lovely flower spikes with aromatic foliage
An attractive mix of blue and white flower spikes nestle above aromatic foliage.
Ideal for borders, pots and tubs. Attracts beneficial insects, especially bees.
Genus - Agastache
Species - Foeniculum
Variety - Blue&White Mix
Common name - Giant Hyssop
Pre-Treatment - Not-required
Hardiness zones - 4 - 9
Height - 0,60 m
Spread - 0,30 m
Plant type - Perennial Flower
Exposure - Full Sun, partial sun
Growth rate - Fast
Soil PH - Neutral
Soil type - Clay, loam, sand, well drained
Water requirements - Average
Landscape uses - Although the plant is ornamental, it has a number of practical uses.
Bloom season - Summer, Late Summer, Early Fall, Fall
Leaf / Flower color - Green / Blue, White
1. Plant hyssop seeds in early spring. Fill small planting containers or a planting tray with commercial potting soil and spread the hyssop seeds on the top of the soil. The seeds are tiny, so cover them with no more than 3-4 mm of potting soil.
2. Put the planting containers in plastic bags, with the tops of the bags left open. If you're planted the seeds in a planting tray, cover the tray with a sheet of clear plastic.
3. Place the planting containers in a warm place but out of direct sunlight. When the seedlings emerge in about a week, remove the plastic and put the seedlings in a sunny window until the seedlings can be moved outdoors in the spring, after the last frost of the season.
4. Choose a sunny, well-drained spot in a herb garden or flower bed and prepare the soil for planting.
5. Plant the seedlings and water them lightly. Keep the soil moist throughout the growing season. Otherwise, the plants won't continue blooming into autumn.
6. Harvest the leaves as needed for tea or for use in the kitchen. To dry the plant, cut them near the ground and hang the plants upside down in a warm, well-ventilated place. Once the plants are dry, strip the leaves from the leaves and store them in an airtight container.
Info source: eHow.com
- Stock: 6
- Model ID: #885