Ideal for commercial use. Includes a carrying case with belt clip.
Highly efficient and accurate due to its advanced microprocessor technology.
Hold Function: saves measurements for convenient reading and recording.
Auto-off function: the meter shuts off automatically after 10 minutes of non-use to conserve batteries.
A TDS Meter indicates the Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) of a solution, i.e. the concentration of dissolved solids in it. Since dissolved ionized solids such as salts and minerals increase the conductivity of a solution, a TDS meter measures the conductivity of the solution and estimates the TDS from that.
Dissolved organic solids such as sugar and microscopic solid particles such as colloids, do not significantly affect the conductivity of a solution so a TDS meter does not include them in its reading.
A TDS meter typically displays the TDS in parts per million (ppm). For example, a TDS reading of 1 ppm would indicate there is 1 milligram of dissolved solids in each kilogram of water
A TDS meter is very easy to use.
1. Collect water in a clean glass or cup.
2. Turn the power on to the TDS meter, and remove the cap.
3. Insert the 2 electrodes at the end of the TDS meter fully into the water, being sure not to insert the whole unit which could cause damage.
4. Stir the water a little using the TDS meter or shake it slightly to ensure the electrodes are fully immersed, and that no bubbles are attached to the electrodes.
5. Wait about 5 seconds, or until the display stabilises with a constant figure. The figure that you now read is the TDS reading.
6. After you have finished, take the TDS meter out of the water and give it a shake to ensure excess liquid is removed. It is ideal to rinse the electrodes with reverse osmosis water, to ensure that the next test does not contain contamination from the test just completed.
7. Place the cap back onto the TDS meter to protect the electrodes.
Quality of Water with Different TDS Concentrations:
Less than 300 - Excellent
300-600 - Good
600-900 - Fair
900-1200 - Poor
Above 1200 - Unacceptable
Range: 0 - 999 ppm
Resolution: 1 ppm
Accuracy: +/- 2%
Power source: 2 x 1.5V button cell batteries (included)
Battery life: over 1000 hours of continuous use
Dimensions: 15.5 x 3.1 x 2.3cm (6.1 x 1.25 x 1 inches)
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER!
Be always informed about OMCSEEDS news, updates and promotiones!
Fill the short form below.